During the second part of the VODAN Africa Webinar Series, we explore the role of data and data science in decision making, as it relates to the current COVID-19 crisis, social distancing in slums and how VODAN-Africa can contribute to understanding uneven effects and serve data-driven policies.
Our was on focus on Ethiopia and Kenya, supported by our distinguished speakers:
· Dr. Reginald Maudlin Nalugala - Tangaza University College, Kenya
· Dr. Asma Ali Awadh - Ministry of Health, Kenya
· Dr. Wondimu Ayele - Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
· Dr. Araya Abrha Medhanyie - Mekelle University, Ethiopia
· Ms. Whitney - (Guest Speaker) Student and Community worker, Kenya
This webinar series is hosted through partnership with Kampala International University (KIU), Leiden University / Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science, and GO FAIR US / San Diego Supercomputer Center. Webinar coordination by RavelWorks Africa.