This week Thursday, we have the second webinar of the VODAN Africa three-part series with speakers from Ethiopia and Kenya delving into topics such as; • The role of data science and data stewardship related to COVID-19 in Ethiopia • Social distancing in slums and how VODAN-Africa can contribute to understanding uneven effects and serve data-driven policies. Save The Date for May 14th, 2020 at 9 AM PDT/12 PM EDT/6 PM CEST/7 PM EAT to catch the presentations from the two country teams
This week’s topic is Data and Data Science during COVID – 19. We explore the role of data and data science in decision making, as it relates to the current COVID-19 crisis. We will focus on Ethiopia and Kenya, supported by our distinguished speakers:
· Dr. Reginald Maudlin Nalugala - Tangaza University College, Kenya
· Dr. Asma Ali Awadh - Ministry of Health, Kenya
· Dr. Wondimu Ayele - Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
· Dr. Araya Abrha Medhanyie - Mekelle University, Ethiopia
· Ms. Whitney - (Guest Speaker) Student and Community worker, Kenya
This webinar series is hosted through partnership with Kampala International University (KIU), Leiden University / Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science, and GO FAIR US / San Diego Supercomputer Center. Webinar coordination by RavelWorks Africa.